Jerry Lee Lewis 2010
NEW JERRY LEE ALBUM "MEAN OLD MAN" RELEASED!
CD Jerry Lee Lewis: Mean Old Man
Label: Verve/Universal Music
Released: 10 september 2010
It has been over half a century since true American original Jerry Lee Lewis first rocketed to the top of the charts with Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On and Great Balls of Fire. While his iconoclastic performances still define the essence of rock ‘n’ roll for millions, The Killer himself continues to thrill audiences around the world with his unique, scorching blend of rock, blues, country and gospel.
Music icon Lewis, who turns 75 September 29th, will continue this legacy with his new CD, Mean Old Man, a country-inspired set which features an impressive roll-call of special guests, including Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Eric Clapton, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, Keith Richards, Ringo Starr, Willie Nelson and Mavis Staples. Released by Verve/Universal Music this is Lewis’ much-anticipated follow-up to 2006's Last Man Standing, which continues to sell consistently with sales of over 500,000 worldwide.
“With a lifetime of triumph and tragedy to draw from, Jerry Lee Lewis sings and plays with the seasoned wisdom of a man who has seen it all, exuding the savvy confidence of a performer who knows that the music – and the emotional truths it carries – is what matters most,” commented Bruce Resnikoff, President & CEO Verve/Universal Music Enterprises. “Verve/UMe is proud to be releasing Jerry Lee Lewis’ first new country-inspired CD in decades.”
In addition to Lewis’ many rock hits, he has also paid homage to his deep country roots throughout his career. GRAMMY® Lifetime Achievement winner and Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductee, Lewis has had country hits with Another Time, Another Place, To Make Love Sweeter For You, There Must Be More To Love Than This, Think About It Darlin’, What’s Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made a Loser Out of Me), She Still Comes Around (To Love What’s Left of Me), Once More With Feeling, Would You Take Another Chance on Me
and Me & Bobby McGee, among others. Mean Old Man continues that spirit with a number of country influences as well as the compelling force of his signature rock, blues and gospel style.
1. Mean Old Man w/ Ronnie Wood (written by Kris Kristofferson)
2. Rockin’ My Life Away w/ Kid Rock/Slash
3. Dead Flowers w/ Mick Jagger
4. Middle Age Crazy w/ Tim McGraw/Jon Brion
5. You Can Have Her w/ Eric Clapton/James Burton
6. You Are My Sunshine w/ Sheryl Crow/Jon Brion
7. Hold You In My Heart w/ Shelby Lynne
8. Swinging Doors w/ Merle Haggard/James Burton
9. Roll Over Beethoven w/ Ringo Starr/John Mayer/Jon Brion
10. Sweet Virginia w/ Keith Richards
11. Railroad to Heaven w/ Solomon Burke
12. Bad Moon Rising w/ John Fogerty
13. Please Release Me w/ Gillian Welch
14. Whiskey River w/ Willie Nelson
15. I Really Don’t Want To Know w/ Gillian Welch
16. Sunday Morning Coming Down
17. Will The Circle Be Unbroken w/ Mavis Staples/Robbie Robertson/Nils Lofgren
18. Miss The Mississippi and You
19. Here Comes That Rainbow w/ Shelby Lynne
[Nieuwsbrief van TEX (The Travelin' Man)]
"THE KILLER" JERRY LEE LEWIS ON TOUR!
The Last Man Standing o.a. naar Nederland en Belgie:
6 november 2010: Antwerpen, Koningin Elisabethzaal
9 november 2010: Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall